Creamy, fluffy, and packed with the flavors of fall, this caramel apple cheesecake dip is a must-try for all your fall parties.
Hosting a little get-together at home? On the hunt for an easy and delicious dessert recipe that you can whip up in minutes? This caramel apple cheesecake dip is the one! It looks and tastes so fancy, and yet, takes minimal effort and kitchen time to make.
Plus, it tastes so addictive, you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
Ready to go ahead and give the recipe a shot? Here’s all you need to know about it.
Ingredients For the Dip
There are two parts to this recipe. Here’s everything you’ll need for each of them.
For the dip
- 8oz cream cheese
- 9 oz whipped topping
For the caramel sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
How to Make the Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
Got all the ingredients ready? Here’s the step-by-step process of actually putting it together.
Combine the half and half, brown sugar, butter, and salt in a pot over medium heat. Cook for around 10 minutes, stirring continuously, until it thickens
Add the vanilla, stir a few more minutes then remove the pot from the heat.
Set aside 2-3 tablespoon of the caramel for decoration.
Add the rest of the caramel to a big bowl and mix it with the cream cheese.
Add the whipped topping to the caramel mixture.
Mix with a spoon until everything is well combined.
Put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours before you serve it.
Decorate it with the reserved caramel on top, graham cracker crumbs, and serve it with apple slices.
Do I Really Need to Use Brown Sugar?
Brown sugar is an essential ingredient when it comes to making caramel sauce from scratch. Sure, you could use white sugar instead of brown sugar, but the rustic earthiness brown sugar brings in is unmatched.
Can I Use a Natural Sweetener?
Yes, you definitely can. While the brown sugar should be enough to lend the cheesecake dip the sweetness that you want, you can also add some honey or maple syrup if you want some additional sweetness.
Can I Use Ready Caramel Sauce?
Yes! Store-bought caramel sauce can be an excellent quick alternative you could use, especially if you’re making this cheesecake dip on short notice. You could also use sweetened apple pie filling if you really want to bring in the fall flavors into this dip.
To balance out the sweetness in ready-to-use caramel sauce, you can add a pinch or two of sea salt into the cheesecake mixture.
What Else Can I Add to the Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip?
You can also throw in some more additions to this versatile cheesecake dip. Here are a few good ideas.
- Apple chunks: Chopped apples tossed in some granulated sugar and cinnamon powder can be a great addition to this dip.
- Chopped nuts: Chopped nuts can add that nice crunch factor to the dip. You can use chopped almonds, peanuts, or walnuts- they all have flavors that work wonderfully with the caramel apple flavor of the dip.
- Chocolate chips: You just can’t go wrong with chocolate chips. Choose semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips to enjoy the best texture and taste. You can mix them into the dip or use them as a topping.
- Other additions: Peanut butter or butterscotch chips can be another great addition to the cheesecake dip.
How Do I Store the Leftovers?
To store your leftover cheesecake dip, just cover it with cling wrap and pop it in the refrigerator. It can stay good in there for up to 3 days.
You can also create a simple graham cracker crust, layer it on the base of a dessert glass, and then dump the leftover cheesecake dip onto it. You’ve got an easy and creamy cheesecake mousse dessert ready!
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
Think you’ve got the recipe all covered? Here are a few additional tips and tricks to take the recipe up a notch.
- Get the cream cheese to room temperature before you use it for the recipe. In contrast, the whipping cream should be chilled, which will ensure that the dip is nice and fluffy. You can whip the whipping cream over an ice bath for best results.
- Make sure you allow the dip to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. This will help the flavors develop and will also allow the cream cheese to set.
- If you are serving the dip with sliced apples, make sure you toss them in a bit of lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- While you can always top the dip with graham cracker crumbs, if you prefer a bit of crunch, you can use candied pecans too.
- To bring in a bit more fall flavor into the dip, you can also add a dash of cinnamon powder or pumpkin pie spice.
- Crushed peanuts can also be a nice easy garnish for this caramel apple cheesecake dip.
- If you don’t want to mix the cream cheese with the caramel sauce and create a layered dip, you could totally do that too! Infact, you could also sneak in an additional layer of crushed graham crackers, and layer it all in a glass container to make it look more appealing. Just remember to allow the caramel sauce to cool down completely before you
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This creamy, dreamy cheesecake dip tastes best when served with apple slices or graham crackers. You can also pair them with salted pretzels or Nilla wafers or any other fall or cinnamon flavored biscuits or crackers.
Loved how easy it was to make this dip? Can’t wait to try out more such fun and interesting recipes? Here are a few you might want to try out.
- No-Bake Italian Cream Cake Recipe
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Easy Oreo Banana Parfait No-Bake Dessert
- 8 oz (227g) cream cheese
- 9 oz (255g) whipped topping
- 1 cup (213g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (118ml) half and half
- ¼ cup (57g) butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) vanilla
- Combine the half and half, brown sugar, butter, and salt in a pot over medium heat. Cook for around 10 minutes, stirring continuously, until it thickens.
- Add the vanilla, stir a few more minutes then remove the pot from the heat.
- Set aside 2-3 tablespoon of the caramel for decoration.
- Add the rest of the caramel to a big bowl and mix it with the cream cheese.
- Add the whipped topping to the caramel mixture.
- Mix with a spoon until everything is well combined.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours before you serve it.
- Decorate it with the reserved caramel on top, graham cracker crumbs, and serve it with apple slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 921Total Fat: 75gSaturated Fat: 42gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 222mgSodium: 1595mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 51g