Three layers of textures and a ton of flavor- this Oreo banana parfait recipe is a must-try when you’re looking for a quick dessert recipe.
What is an Oreo Banana Parfait?
As the name suggests, the Oreo banana parfait is a creamy dessert that has layers of bananas, chocolate or vanilla ice cream, and crushed Oreos. It is incredibly easy to put together, making it the perfect dessert to whip up on a weekend.
You also don’t need a lot of ingredients and equipment to make it, which is why it is definitely worth trying out if you’re on the hunt for a dessert recipe that needs minimal effort.
What Do I Need to Make it?
With just four ingredients to list, this is one recipe you can’t go wrong with.
- Ice cream or pudding (vanilla or chocolate)
- Pinch of salt
Kitchen Tools Needed
How to Make the Oreo Banana Parfait
In a large bowl, combine milk and instant pudding mix and beat until combined and thickened.
Cover with plastic wrap or pour into a bowl with a lid and refrigerate until ready to assemble your parfait.
Cut ripe bananas into ½" rounds.
Crush 2 to 3 Oreo cookies per parfait you are making.
In a dessert cup or small mason jar, begin layering your parfait. Start by adding a layer of bananas then sprinkle them with a pinch of salt.
Next, add a layer of ice cream or pudding.
Then, add crushed Oreo cookies.
Repeat with bananas, pudding, then cookies until you reach the top of your dessert container.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This can be served with additional cookie crumbs and whipped cream on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. While pudding is an easy option to use making this simple to prepare and refrigerate, you can also do so with ice cream. Chocolate, vanilla, or banana ice cream are all great options that be added then the parfait is served immediately or frozen for later. You could even make this with frozen yogurt!
Yes! A parfait is a great dessert to make ahead of time to serve to guests or after dinner. If you make as shown, you simply need to refrigerate until ready to serve. Should you choose ice cream instead of pudding, place them in the freezer then pull out 15 minutes before serving so they thaw a bit to soften.
When made with pudding, this is good for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator. If you make it with ice cream, it is good for up to 1 month in the freezer as long as it is stored in an airtight container.
Oreo Parfait Variations
The best part about this Oreo banana parfait is the fact that it has the right balance of flavors. The banana, Oreos, and the ice cream all go well together, but hey- don’t let that stop you from experimenting.
In fact, this is one of those recipes where you can add in different elements and experiment with other flavors and find one that works for you. Here are a few good ideas to get you inspired.
- Berries: Strawberries and raspberries can both turn out to be an excellent addition to this layered dessert. They go nicely with all the flavors that make up the parfait, and you can also get to enjoy their healthy goodness while digging into the dessert.
- Brownie: Got some leftover brownies from a batch you made a few days back. Or maybe a store-bought version? Use it as a layer in the parfait! This can work really well if you’re sticking to the classic oreo and banana combination.
- Cookies: If you’ve run out of Oreos but still want to have that crumbly and crunchy texture to your parfait, crushed cookies can do the trick. It is obviously always a good idea to use chocolate cookies, but if you don’t have those, you can make do with your basic sugar cookies too.
- Nuts: Chopped-up nuts like pecans, walnuts, almonds, pistachios are all good additions to the parfait if you want to make the dessert a bit healthier.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is another addition that blends really well with Oreos and in any dessert recipe that you want to get a creamy flavor in. You can use creamy peanut butter, or the crunchy variant if you want to enjoy a bit more texture.
- Chocolate Chips: Chocolate chips are another no-fail addition to this dessert. If you’ve been looking for a simple yet classic addition to the parfait, you can almost certainly never go wrong with chocolate chips.
- Mango: If mangos are in season, don’t miss out on your chance to add them to this dessert. This tropical fruit’s flavor blends nicely with the Oreos and ice cream.
- Granola: Granola is another excellent addition to your parfait. It has a crunchy texture and is healthy too. Add it in if you want to enjoy your dessert guilt-free. Brownie points if you use homemade granola.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
All set with the recipe for your Oreo banana parfait? Ready to dive right into it? Here are some cool serving ideas & suggestions you can implement to make this dessert look super fancy!
- Parfaits are best served in clear glass jars or containers. You can see all the distinct layers, and the pleasure of digging into it is just taken to another level.
- If you’re adding berries or any other add-ons apart from the Oreos, use them as the final and top layer of the parfait.
- You can also drizzle a bit of chocolate sauce over the top, right before you serve.
Got some leftover Oreos from this recipe? You can also try using them to make some no-bake Oreo cheesecake or some chocolate Oreo lasagna!
Easy Oreo Banana Parfait
Whip up an Oreo banana parfait in minutes with simple ingredients for a delicious treat that is ideal for sharing with friends and family!
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine milk and instant pudding mix and beat until combined and thickened.
- Cover with plastic wrap or pour into a bowl with a lid and refrigerate until ready to assemble your parfait.
- Cut ripe bananas into ½" rounds.
- Crush 2 to 3 Oreo cookies per parfait you are making.
- In a dessert cup or small mason jar, begin layering your parfait. Start by adding a layer of bananas then sprinkle them with a pinch of salt.
- Next, add a layer of ice cream or pudding.
- Then, add crushed Oreo cookies.
- Repeat with bananas, pudding, then cookies until you reach the top of your dessert container.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This can be served with additional cookie crumbs and whipped cream on top.
Substitute the vanilla pudding with chocolate pudding or vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 578mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 3gSugar: 51gProtein: 6g
Leave a Reply