This no-bake blueberry icebox pie has the perfect balance of flavors and textures that make it a total hit with everyone!
Is it possible to whip up a delicious blueberry pie without turning on the oven? You bet there is! This no-bake icebox blueberry pie recipe is just that.
You’ll need just a handful of ingredients to put it together, and before you know it, your creamy blueberry icebox pie is all ready to get into the refrigerator!
Ready to go ahead and give it a try? Read on to discover everything you need to know about making it.
Ingredients For the Icebox Pie
You’ll need two sets of ingredients to make the blueberry pie.
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 21 oz blueberry pie filling
- 8 oz whipped topping
How to Make the No-Bake Blueberry Pie
Got all your ingredients ready? Here’s how to actually make the blueberry pie.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a big bowl.
Add the mixture to a cake pan and press it into the bottom and sides of the pan as the crust.
Leave it in the fridge while you are creating the filling.
To make the filling, mix together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar.
When they are combined together add the blueberry pie filling and ½ cup of the whipped topping.
Mix again and place into the cake pan on top of the crust.
Add the rest of the whipped topping on top and decorate it to taste.
Leave it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before you serve it.
Can I Make the No-Bake Blueberry Pie Filling Myself?
Blueberries are the easiest fruits to work with when it comes to pies since they need no pitting or de-seeding. If you have the time, you can easily whip up the pie filling yourself with fresh blueberries.
Lookup a simple recipe online and replicate it. You can also batch make the blueberry pie filling and use it for a ton of other recipes like this no-bake blueberry cheesecake.
Can I Try Making This With Another Fruit?
You absolutely can! If you don’t have blueberry pie filling or just want to try out this recipe with another fruit or pie filling, you can totally do that too. Strawberries, raspberries, mangos, apples, cranberries, cherries, and even pumpkins are some excellent examples. Their flavors go well along with the cream cheese and the other ingredients, and you can try using them for this basic pie recipe too.
What Can I Use Instead of Whipped Topping?
Whipped topping or Cool whip is what lends the pie that nice fluffy and creamy texture. Combined with the cream cheese, it makes up the bulk of the pie. If you don’t have whipped topping, you could use fresh whipped cream too.
Just remember to use full-fat fresh cream, and whip it while it is still cold, or over an ice bath so that you get it to the perfect, soft peak consistency.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Recipe
Got the recipe all covered? You don’t want to miss out on these little tips and tricks that will help you nail the recipe.
- The refrigeration time for this no-bake blueberry pie is one part where you can’t compromise on or work your way around. Ideally, it is best to let the pie chill overnight, but if you’re whipping this up in a hurry, you’ll need a minimum of 2-4 hours of refrigeration for the pie to set well.
- The crust is an important part of this recipe, since you won’t be baking it. Remember to use the ingredients in the exact same proportions as the recipe calls for, and tightly pack it to ensure that the pie has that perfect slice when it is sliced.
- To enhance the tartness and flavor of the blueberries, you can also add a squeeze of lemon juice into the blueberry pie mixture. Better yet, you can also add a bit of lemon zest into the mix.
- Remember to leave the crust of the pie in the refrigerator for at least an hour before you begin the rest of the recipe. This extra chilling time will allow the graham cracker crumbs to bind to each other, and set well, which will make that perfect, uniform base for your pie.
- Always use heavy and full fat cream cheese for your cheesecakes and pies. It is what helps you get that creamy, rich texture.
- To cut sharp, perfect slices of your no-bake blueberry pie, use a sharp knife and clean it each time you use it. You can also moisten the knife by dipping it in a bit of water and then use it to cut the pie.
- If you’re making the pie filling yourself, make sure you allow it to cool down completely before you layer it onto the base of the pie. Ideally, it is best to refrigerate it for a while until it cools down and then use it.
How Do I Store the Leftover No-Bake Blueberry Pie?
Your leftover blueberry icebox pie can stay good in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Just remember to transfer it to an airtight container to preserve its freshness, or cover it with a lid.
Freezing this pie is actually not recommended, since it can cause the cream cheese mixture to crystallize and eventually lose water and turn all runny when it is thawed.
Serve this blueberry pie as is, with some whipped cream on the top, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
If making an entire pie and cutting out individual slices seems like too much work, you can also create individual pies in small dessert glasses, and let them set in the refrigerator.
Loved how easy it was to make this no-bake blueberry pie? On the hunt for some more fun and easy no-bake recipes? You might want to check these out.
- 1 ½ cup (180g) graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup (113g) butter
- ⅓ cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 8 oz (227g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (130g) powdered sugar
- 21 oz (595g) blueberry pie filling
- 8 oz (227g) whipped topping
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a big bowl.
- Add the mixture to a cake pan and press it into the bottom and sides of the pan as the crust.
- Leave it in the fridge while you are creating the filling.
- To make the filling, mix together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar.
- When they are combined together add the blueberry pie filling and ½ cup of the whipped topping.
- Mix again and place into the cake pan on top of the crust.
- Add the rest of the whipped topping on top and decorate it by your taste.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before you serve it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 897Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 848mgCarbohydrates: 114gFiber: 5gSugar: 52gProtein: 13g