One of my all-time favorite pies has to be this no-bake peanut butter pie. It's light, creamy has just enough peanut butter flavor, and is ideal for making when you don't have an oven. The simple graham cracker crust is paired with a sweet filling and topped with whipped topping for the perfect slice of pie every single time.
Peanut Butter Pie
If you like peanut butter flavored desserts, then you know how wonderful that slightly salty flavor pairs with the sweetness of whipped cream or cream cheese. This pie recipe uses a bit of both for a nice creamy texture that sets up easily without the help of any gelatin. The benefit of that is you can make this any time and any place without a stove or cooktop!
If you want to impress guests or just create something tasty for yourself for dessert, then this is one of those recipes that is practically foolproof. It is made in under 30-minutes and after you let it chill, you have dessert on the table in just under one hour.
Variations of the No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
This pie is perfect just like it is, but that doesn't mean you might not want to mix things up a little with different additions. Peanut butter and chocolate go together perfectly, but that's not all you can add to this recipe. Below are some ideas that could elevate this up to the next level of deliciousness.
- Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips.
- Crushed Oreo cookies, peanut butter cups, M&M candies, or Snickers candy bar pieces.
- Drizzle the top with chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, or melted peanut butter.
When adding things to the pie filling itself, I recommend adding no more than ¼ cup total of mix-ins. Then offer additional to top with if desired. This way you keep the peanut butter flavor without being overwhelmed by the additions.
- Cream cheese
- Peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- Powdered sugar
- Cool Whip (or similar)
- Graham crackers or similar crunchy sweet cookie
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
Note: This recipe calls for 14 whole (rectangular) graham crackers. This is equal to 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs.
Kitchen Tools Used
- Food processor or blender
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9" springform pan
- Rubber spatula
Note: A hand mixer makes things easier to combine but is not necessary when making this recipe. A good whisk and rubber spatula are more than enough to combine the ingredients and create the filling.
How to Make a No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
In a food processor or blender, pulse the graham crackers until they are fine crumbs.
Pour the melted butter and brown sugar into the cookie crumbs and combine until they are all incorporated.
Press the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of the springform pan into an even layer then cover loosely and refrigerate for 15-minutes while you prepare the filling.
In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
Use a hand mixer to beat them together until completely incorporated.
Add one-half of the whipped topping to the peanut butter mixture and fold in until no streaks remain.
Pour the peanut butter filling over the prepared pie crust. Smooth the top.
Top the peanut butter filling with the remaining whipped topping then cover loosely and refrigerate for at least 30-minuets to set.
When ready to serve, remove the springform pan outer ring and slice.
Top with chopped peanuts or a drizzle of melted peanut butter if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. This recipe is sweetened with powdered sugar for a simple version that sets up easily in the refrigerator without gelatin needed.
You can skip a step by purchasing a ready-made graham cracker or Oreo cookie pie crust for this recipe. If you don't mind baking the crust when making your own cracker crust a 10-minute baking time helps it to stay together when sliced. You can also use a more traditional pie crust that has been baked if you prefer that flavor and texture over the cookie crumb options.
Yes. If you want more texture in this recipe, you can use crunchy peanut butter or simply fold in ¼ cup chopped peanuts before spreading the mixture over the prepared pie crust.
This peanut butter pie is best eaten within 3 days of preparation. All leftovers should be covered well and refrigerated. While it may be safe to eat up to 5-days after being made, it will begin separating after 2 to 3 days and the texture will be unpleasant.
Yes. You can easily freeze this pie after preparing it. Simply cover well with plastic wrap and then slide inside a freezer storage bag or cover with aluminum foil and label then date the pie. This prevents freezer burn and keeps it fresh. It is good for up to one 1 month in the freezer. Simply thaw in the refrigerator or eat frozen.
Looking For More No-Bake Recipes?
As we add more to our lists, we will update this list, but for now, check out our favorite no-bake recipes linked below! Bookmark these recipes or print them out to make them soon for your family.
- No-Bake Chocolate Oreo Lasagna Recipe
- Vegan No-Bake Energy Balls Recipe
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
For Graham Cracker Crust
- 14 graham crackers (rectangle cracker with 4 individual)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
For Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip (whipped topping)
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the graham crackers until they are fine crumbs.
- Pour the melted butter and brown sugar into the cookie crumbs and combine until they are all incorporated.
- Press the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of the springform pan into an even layer then cover loosely and refrigerate for 15-minutes while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
- Use a hand mixer to beat them together until completely incorporated.
- Add one-half of the whipped topping to the peanut butter mixture and fold in until no streaks remain.
- Pour the peanut butter filling over the prepared pie crust. Smooth the top.
- Top the peanut butter filling with the remaining whipped topping then cover loosely and refrigerate for at least 30-minuets to set.
- When ready to serve, remove the springform pan outer ring and slice. Top with chopped peanuts or a drizzle of melted peanut butter if desired.
Mix in ¼ cup chopped peanuts before adding filling to the pie crust for extra texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 644Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 8g