Do you love samoa cookies as much as I do? If so, you're going to love this Samoa Cheesecake Dip! This delicious dessert dip is inspired by the famous Girl Scout cookie, and it's perfect for parties or gatherings with friends.
It's easy to make, and it tastes amazing!
Samoa Cheesecake Dip – A Delicious Dessert Dip Inspired by the Samoa Cookie
What is a Samoa Cookie?
A Samoa cookie is a popular Girl Scout cookie that has a coconut flavor. The cookies are round, and they have a chocolate coating on the bottom.
They are topped with caramel and have a rich, complex flavor that people really love.
What Makes this Dessert Dip "Samoa" Dip?
There are a few things that make this Samoa Cheesecake Dip taste like the popular cookie.
First, it has a definite coconut flavor mixed throughout the dip. Second, it has a chocolate chip and chocolate syrup included to bring in that chocolate element.
Third, it is topped with caramel - which is the best part, in my opinion. And fourth, it has a rich, complex flavor that people really love!
What Goes into Making Samoa Cheesecake Dip?
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 9 fl. oz whipped topping
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup half & half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup toasted coconut shreds
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup caramel syrup
Kitchen Tools Needed
You're not likely going to need to need anything that you don't already have in your kitchen, but just in case, I have some links for my favorite kitchen tools to use.
How to Make Samoa Cheesecake Dip
Using a hand-mixer on a medium speed, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In a second bowl, mix the cream cheese until softened, then add the sugar, salt, half and half and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture, mixing until well combined.
Add half of the caramel syrup, half of the toasted coconut and half of the chocolate chips. Fold this together with a spatula to combine.
Pour the mixture in a serving plate and decorate with the remaining coconut, caramel syrup and chocolate chips, as well as the chocolate syrup.
Serve immediately or place in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Samoa Cheesecake Dip Gluten-Free?
Yes, Samoa Cheesecake Dip is gluten-free! Just make sure that whatever you choose to serve it with is also gluten-free.
Can You Make Samoa Cheesecake Dip Vegan?
Yes, you can make Samoa Cheesecake Dip vegan! Namely, use coconut cream instead of heavy whipping cream, use a vegan cream cheese and vegan chocolate chips, and make sure the chocolate syrup and caramel syrups are a vegan version.
These are really easy swaps - most grocery stores have all of this available right on the shelves.
What Do You Serve Samoa Dessert Dip With?
There are lots of great things you can serve with Samoa Cheesecake Dip. I like to serve it with graham crackers, pretzels, or even fruit.
It's also great as a topping for ice cream or cheesecake. really, the possibilities are endless!
Tips to Store Samoa Cheesecake Dip
This Samoa Cheesecake Dip can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. I would recommend storing it in an airtight container so that it doesn't dry out.
You can also freeze this dip, and it will last for up to two months. Just be sure to thaw it overnight in the fridge before serving.
Looking for More No-Bake Desserts?
If you love the idea of a no-bake dessert so your kitchen doesn't heat up unnecessarily, join the club! We will be adding more delicious ideas here soon, but for now, check out these favorites that are often on our dessert menu. Make sure you bookmark the recipes or print them out so you will have them on hand when you need an easy treat!
- 8 oz (226g) cream cheese (1 brick)
- 9 fl. oz (266ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup (118ml) half & half
- 1 tablespoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (80g) chocolate chips
- ½ cup (48g) toasted coconut shreds
- ¼ cup (59ml) chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup (59ml) caramel syrup
- Using a hand-mixer on a medium speed, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a second bowl, mix the cream cheese until softened, then add the sugar, salt, half and half and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture, mixing until well combined.
- Add half of the caramel syrup, half of the toasted coconut and half of the chocolate chips. Fold this together with a spatula to combine.
- Pour the mixture in a serving plate and decorate with the remaining coconut, caramel syrup and chocolate chips, as well as the chocolate syrup.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g