Looking for a delicious and festive treat to make for your holiday party? Monster Bark is sure to please! This recipe is made with white chocolate, cookie dough, candy, peanut butter and oatmeal- it's like a Monster Cookie in bark form!
It's simple to make and can be customized to include your favorite ingredients. Your guests will love this sweet and crunchy snack!
Sinfully Sweet: A Recipe for Monster Bark
Monster Bark is a fun and festive treat that is perfect for holiday parties! It's also a great gift idea - who wouldn't love a big ol' slab of Monster Bark?
But it also makes a great gift! Just break it up into small pieces, place it in a pretty bag with a gift tag and you're good! Monster Cookie Bark is also great for satisfying a sweet tooth. It's rich and chocolatey with a little bit of crunch from the cookie dough and candy.
Monster Cookie Dough Bark is sinfully delicious and perfect for any occasion! Now go forth and make some Monster Cookie Bark of your own!
What Are "Monster" Cookies?
Monster cookies are a type of cookie that is made with oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips and often times M&M's. They got their name because they are so big and "monster-ous"! Monster Cookie Dough Bark takes all of the flavors of a Monster Cookie and turns it into an easy to make holiday bark.
Why Do They Call It "Bark"?
Bark is a type of candy that is made by pouring melted chocolate onto a flat surface and then letting it cool and harden. Once the bark has hardened, it can be broken into pieces. Bark can be made with any type of chocolate- milk, dark or white. It's often flavored with nuts, dried fruit, spices or candy.
Bark got its name because it resembles tree bark! Monster Cookie Dough Bark takes on a similar appearance, but is made with chocolate, cookie dough and candy instead of tree bark.
What Goes into Making Monster Cookie Dough Bark?
- 2 cups prepared cookie dough (or store-bought edible cookie dough is fine, too)
- 2 cups white chocolate
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&Ms
Kitchen Tools Needed
I think, if you have a standard kitchen, its likely you already have the tools necessary to make your monster cookie bark in the cabinet. But, if you don't, I pulled together some links to help you out.
How to Make Monster Bark
Heat the white chocolate, stirring consistently, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth without any lumps.
Line a plate or a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Spread all of the melted chocolate over the prepared plate into an even layer.
Drop small cookie dough in balls liberally across the entire surface of the chocolate.
Add teaspoon sized drops of peanut butter across the entire surface of the chocolate.
Spread the peanut butter (and cookie dough) throughout the chocolate with a knife to give it a swirl and further imbed them.
Then sprinkle the oats liberally across the chocolate, followed by the M&M’s and chocolate chips.
Gently press these toppings into the chocolate to ensure that they will not fall off when the bark is broken-up.
Refrigerate until the bark is completely set (about 20-30 minutes).
Break the bark into small irregular pieces with your hands and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make This Bark Vegan?
Monster Cookie Bark can easily be made vegan by using a dairy free white chocolate and vegan cookie dough. You can also substitute the peanut butter for almond butter or another nut butter of your choice, if you'd like.
Is Monster Cookie Dough Bark Gluten-Free?
As written, Monster Cookie Dough Bark is not gluten-free, but it can certainly be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free cookie dough. Be sure to check the labels of your ingredients to make sure they are all certified gluten-free.
Tips for Storing Monster Bark
Monster Cookie Dough Bark can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. If you live in a warm climate, it's best to store the bark in the fridge to prevent the chocolate from melting.
Tips for Nailing This Recipe
- Monster Cookie Bark is best made with high quality ingredients. Use a good quality white chocolate that will melt smoothly and evenly.
- Try to spread your ingredients out evenly on the bark so that each bite has a little bit of everything.
- If you're short on time, you can always use store bought cookie dough. Just be sure to get the kind that is meant to be eaten raw!
- Be sure to chop anything you're adding into small pieces so that they are evenly distributed throughout the bark.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to accommodate a large crowd. Simply line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the bark mixture out evenly.
Looking for More No-Bake Desserts?
If you love the idea of a no-bake dessert so your kitchen doesn't heat up unnecessarily, join the club! We will be adding more delicious ideas here soon, but for now, check out these favorites that are often on our dessert menu. Make sure you bookmark the recipes or print them out so you will have them on hand when you need an easy treat!
Making monster bark is a quick and easy way to make a holiday bark or treat for movie night. It's so tasty, too - all the best flavors!
- 2 cups (676g) prepared cookie dough
- 2 cups (400g) white chocolate
- ½ cup (40g) quick oats
- ½ cup (125g) peanut butter
- ¼ cup (50g) chocolate chips
- ½ cup (100g) M&Ms
- Heat the white chocolate, stirring consistently, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth without any lumps.
- Line a plate or a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread all of the melted chocolate over the prepared plate into an even layer.
- Drop small cookie dough in balls liberally across the entire surface of the chocolate.
- Add teaspoon sized drops of peanut butter across the entire surface of the chocolate.
- Spread the peanut butter (and cookie dough) throughout the chocolate with a knife to give it a swirl and further imbed them.
- Then sprinkle the oats liberally across the chocolate, followed by the M&M’s and chocolate chips.
- Gently press these toppings into the chocolate to ensure that they will not fall off when the bark is broken-up.
- Refrigerate until the bark is completely set (about 20-30 minutes).
- Break the bark into small irregular pieces with your hands and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece Set, Nesting, Microwave and Dishwasher Safe)
Measuring Cups and Spoons Set 11 Piece. Includes 10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Cups Set and 1 Plastic Measuring Cup. Liquid Measuring Cups Set and Dry Metal Measuring Cup Set
Fayomir Cookie Scoop Set - Small/1 Tablespoon, Medium/2 Tablespoon, Large/3 Tablespoon - Ice Cream Scoop Set, 18/8 Stainless Steel Dough Scoop Cupcake Scoop Melon Baller
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 34Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
Leave a Reply