Rich, gooey, and loaded with the delicious chocolate flavor, these no-bake triple chocolate brownies are a delight!
When it comes to craving a chocolate-loaded dessert, brownies are an absolute no-fail option. They are a total crowd pleaser and are so versatile, you can easily transform them into a fancy and elegant dessert in minutes.
But let’s face it- getting the brownie mixture ready and then baking it can seem like a lot of effort especially on those hot summer days when you don’t want to spend all that time in the kitchen. And that’s when these no-bake triple chocolate brownies come in.
They’re exactly what they sound like- a super easy and chocolatey dessert that you don’t need to bake.
Can’t wait to dive into the recipe? Here’s all you need to know about it before you.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just a handful of simple ingredients to put these no-bake triple chocolate brownies together.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup finely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cups semi-sweet condensed milk
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
Kitchen Tools Needed
How to Make the Triple Chocolate Brownies
Once you have all your kitchen tools and ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the brownies.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
In a big bowl mix the cracker crumbs, hazelnuts, cocoa, and salt.
Pour in the milk.
Melt the chocolate, then add to the graham cracker mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
Place the mixture in the prepared pan and smooth it with cling wrap on top.
Leave it in the fridge for at least 1 hour before you serve it.
Cut it into small cubes and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Graham cracker crumbs lend the brownies their bulk. They are inexpensive, easily available, and have a subtle flavor that is easy to work with, which is why they are a part of most no-bake dessert recipes. If you don’t have them or just prefer an alternative, you could opt for any other mildly flavored cookies of your choice.
Nilla wafers and digestive biscuits are great, but if you’re looking for something more chocolatey, you can never go wrong with the good old Oreos.
You definitely can! Hazelnuts and walnuts are classics when it comes to brownies, and while you can stick to just them, you don’t necessarily have to. You could also add pistachios, almonds, pecans, or macadamia nuts into the mix.
Condensed milk is actually a crucial ingredient for this recipe- it lends a little sweetness to the brownies and its sticky texture helps bind the other ingredients together to transform it all into the mixture that you want.
You can, however, use Medjool dates as an alternative- just process them in a food processor. Also, the consistency and sweetness of dates can be slightly different from that of condensed milk, so you might have to adjust the proportion of the other ingredients you add to get your perfect brownies.
Unlike your baked brownies, these cannot be stored at room temperature, You’ll need to refrigerate the brownies, preferably in an airtight container. They can stay good in there for 3-4 days.
Freezing these brownies isn’t a good idea, because it can cause them to become watery when they thaw.
These triple chocolate brownies taste absolutely delicious all on their own, but if you don’t mind the extra effort, you can throw on some toppings to bring in some more flavor. A simple drizzle of chocolate sauce melted chocolate or caramel sauce can be great, but if you want to stick to the basics, you can have a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
Tips to Make the Triple Chocolate Brownies
Think you’re all set to try these brownies out? Keep these additional tips and tricks in mind to make sure you nail the recipe.
- You could stick to milk chocolate or use any bittersweet chocolate of your choice. Just remember to stick to any kind of dark chocolate stronger than 70-75% cocoa- it will make your brownies taste bitter.
- The quality of chocolate or chocolate chips you use to make this recipe can matter more than you think. Make sure you choose the best quality chocolate you can get your hands on.
- When choosing cocoa powder for this recipe, opt for Dutch cocoa powder- it has a more intense, richer chocolate flavor. You can, however, stick to the regular cocoa powder too, if you don’t have the Dutch version.
- Remember to coat the baking pan with cooking spray to keep the brownies from sticking to the edges. You can also add a layer of parchment paper if you want to make removing the brownies effortless.
- While it is always best to use a double boiler to melt the chocolate, you can also use a microwave if you’re looking to do it quickly and without having to do all that setup.
- Remember that if you’re using the microwave to melt the chocolate, keep pausing and stirring the mixture at every 30-second interval. This will help prevent the chocolate from burning.
- When the chocolate is almost melted, get it out of the microwave and allow it to sit for a minute. The residual heat will melt the remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate the brownies for atleast an hour, preferably more to get them nice and firm. Then, get them out of the baking dish and use a sharp, warm knife to cut them into squares or the shape you prefer.
Enjoyed making and relishing these triple chocolate brownies? Don’t mind trying out some more such easy recipes? Here are a few good ones you might want to check out.
- 3-Ingredient No-Bake Rocky Road Bars
- Classic No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Fried Ice Cream Balls Recipe
- 1 cup (120g) graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup (64g) finely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon (6g) kosher salt
- ¾ cups (177ml) semi-sweet condensed milk
- 4 oz (113g) semi-sweet chocolate
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a big bowl mix the cracker crumbs, hazelnuts, cocoa, and salt.
- Pour in the milk.
- Melt the chocolate, then add to the graham cracker mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
- Place the mixture in the prepared pan and smooth it with cling wrap on top.
- Leave it in the fridge for at least 1 hour before you serve it.
- Cut it into small cubes and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 22Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g