Loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of deliciousness, these healthy no-bake Snickers bites are definitely worth trying out.
Got a sweet tooth? Reach out for these delicious no-bake Snickers bars the next time you’re hit by a craving. They’re the healthier cousin to the popular candy bars, and take just a few minutes of kitchen time to put together.
Plus, you can batch make them and store them for later too- it just doesn’t get better than this.
Ready to try the recipe out? Scroll down and keep reading to discover a bit more about it before you do.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just 5 simple ingredients to make these no-bake Snickers bites.
- 10 Medjool dates
- 2 bananas
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate (for melting)
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
Kitchen Tools Needed
How to Make the No-Bake Snickers Bites
Got all your ingredients ready? Here’s what you need to do next to make these delicious sweet treats.
Place the dates on a plate with water and leave them for 15 minutes or until they are soft. Meanwhile, peel the bananas and cut them into circles.
Place the banana slices in a dish lined with parchment paper.
Put the dates in a food processor and process them with a little water until you get a paste.
With a spoon place a small amount of the peanut butter on every banana slice.
Repeat the same procedure with the dates paste.
Leave the banana slices in a freezer for at least 1 hour so the peanut butter and the dates paste to stick to the banana slices.
Melt the chocolate and cover every banana slice with it.
Sprinkle some chopped peanuts on top quickly before the chocolate has set so they can stick.
Put them back in the freezer for another hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Medjool dates are the best choice for any kind of no-bake healthy sweet treats you’re trying your hands at. They are soft, juicy, full of flavor, and also healthier than most other kinds of dates out there.
If you’re unable to find Medjool dates or are just looking for an alternative, you can make do with any other dates too. Just remember to choose dates that have a softer texture as opposed to dried dates. If you can only find dried dates, just soak them in warm water for 15-20 minutes and then use them.
You definitely can! Snickers bars are known for their characteristic peanut butter flavor, which is why sticking to the good old peanut butter is always a good idea. You can also, of course, use almond butter or cashew butter if you’re on the hunt for another flavor to try this recipe with.
Both crunchy and creamy versions of these nut butters equally well- it all depends on what you have at hand, and what texture you prefer.
Dark chocolate goes really well with the creaminess of peanut butter and the softness of bananas. However, if you don’t mind the sweetness, you could definitely use milk chocolate instead as well.
Your no-bake Snickers bars can be refrigerated or frozen- it all depends on how long you want them to last. Use an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to 7 days, or for up to 1 month if you’re popping them in the freezer.
Remember that these bites taste best when they are still a bit soft, so wait for a few minutes after you get them out and then dig into them.
These no-bake Snickers bars taste great when you top them with crushed peanuts, as we’ve done here. They are just the texture and flavor you’d expect from your regular bananas. However, if you don’t really mind experimenting, you can also throw in a mix of any other chopped nuts of your choice too- think walnuts, almonds, and pistachios.
Crushed pretzels, flaky sea salt, and desiccated coconut are all excellent topping choices too. And if you’re not comfortable with any of these, you can just top the bites with some crushed graham crackers!
Tips to Make the No-Bake Snickers Bites
Think you’re ready to give this recipe a try? Keep these little tips and tricks in mind to make sure you nail the recipe.
- While you can always use melted chocolate chips to coat the no-bake Snickers bars, opting for melted chocolate instead is a better choice. This is because chocolate chips tend to have a lesser intense chocolatey flavor.
- Consider chopping up good quality chocolate like Ghirardelli, Callebaut, Hershey’s, or Lindt and melting it with some coconut oil instead. The coconut oil will help your melted chocolate get to the right consistency and will coat the Snickers bites well.
- If your pulsed date mixture seems too thick in consistency, you can add a teaspoon or two of water and process it once again until it has the right texture.
- Want your date caramel to have some extra sweetness? You can add some honey into it and give it a good mix.
- To enjoy some more texture into these bites, you can top the peanut butter with some graham cracker crumbs before you top it with the date caramel mixture.
- To make your Snickers bites extra flavorful and crunchy, dry roast the peanuts in a small pan and let them rest for a short while before you chop them. This will make the peanuts extra crunchy and flavorful. You can do the same process with walnuts or almonds or any other nuts of your choice too.
Went through your batch of no-bake Snickers bars in a jiffy? Looking for some more such healthy sweet treats that you can make in minutes? Here are a few good ones worth your time.
- Easy Golden Milk Energy Balls Recipe
- 3-Ingredient Frozen Yogurt Berry Bites
- Classic No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 10 medjool dates
- 2 bananas
- ⅓ cup (80g) peanut butter
- 1 cup (170g) dark chocolate chips or chocolate (for melting)
- ¼ cup (32g) chopped peanuts
- Place the dates on a plate with water and leave them for 15 minutes or until they are soft. Meanwhile, peel the bananas and cut them into circles.
- Place the banana slices in a dish lined with parchment paper.
- Put the dates in a food processor and process them with a little water until you get a paste.
- With a spoon place a small amount of the peanut butter on every banana slice.
- Repeat the same procedure with the dates paste.
- Leave the banana slices in a freezer for at least 1 hour so the peanut butter and the dates paste to stick to the banana slices.
- Melt the chocolate and cover every banana slice with it.
- Sprinkle some chopped peanuts on top quickly before the chocolate has set so they can stick.
- Put them back in the freezer for another hour.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 57Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g