This rich, creamy and chocolatey milk chocolate candy bar pie is that one pie that will put a smile on your face.
Trying your hands at a dessert pie for the first time? Or maybe you’re looking for an easy dessert that has some classic chocolate flavors that everyone will love. This milk chocolate candy bar pie recipe is just that- it is ridiculously easy to put together, and has the perfect, chocolate candy bar flavor that is sure to be a hit with everyone you’re making it for.
Ready to give it a shot? Scroll down and keep reading to know more about the recipe and all that you need to do to make it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need three sets of ingredients to make this pie- the crust, the filling, and the glaze.
For the crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup butter
- 8 tablespoon milk
- 2 ¼ cups cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoon sour cream
- ⅔ cups chocolate
- 100ml milk
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Food processor or blender
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9" springform pan
- Rubber spatula
How to Make the Milk Chocolate Candy Bar Pie
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the milk chocolate candy bar pie.
To make the crust, melt the butter and mix it with the crumbs and milk.
When you get a wet mixture pour it in a cake mold and leave it in a fridge to set.
Mix the cream cheese with powdered sugar.
Melt the chocolate, allow it to rest for 5 minutes off the heat, then add it slowly to the cream cheese mixture.
Mix until everything is combined and pour it into the cake pan.
For the glaze, pour the sour cream and the chocolate in a pot over medium heat and continuously stir until the chocolate is melted.
Allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes then pour it on top of the cake.
Leave the cake in the fridge overnight before you serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
You could use any other subtly flavored cookies of your choice - digestive biscuits, Nilla wafers, or even Oreos if you want some extra chocolatey flavor.
If you don’t want to use any biscuits at all, you could use almond flour or powdered walnuts instead.
You definitely can. Make sure you use good quality chocolate bars for this recipe since they are the star ingredient in the truest sense. Chop up the chocolate bars roughly and then use them. This will help the chocolate melt faster and will keep it from burning.
Your milk chocolate candy bar pie needs to be stored just like any other no-bake pie. Cover the leftovers or transfer them to an airtight container before you refrigerate them. These can last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, or for 2 months in the freezer.
This creamy and rich pie has just the right balance of flavors and textures, but if you want a bit more, here’s what you can do. Pour half of the pie filling on the crust, allow it to rest in the refrigerator for a few minutes, get it out and sprinkle a layer of chopped nuts or biscuit crumbs on it before you pour the other half of the layer on top.
If you’re not too keen about using biscuit crumbs or nuts, you could also add an additional, thinner layer of Nutella or Lotus Biscoff spread and have it as the middle layer.
Since this milk chocolate candy bar pie is a classic and has some versatile flavors, you can experiment with the toppings of your choice. You can stick to the basics like whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate or caramel sauce, or try out some chopped nuts if you don’t mind a bit of texture.
Chocolate shavings can also take your pie to the next level, and if you want some extra gooey deliciousness, top the pie with some marshmallow fluff and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
Tips to Make the Milk Chocolate Candy Bar Pie
Think you’re all ready to give the recipe a try? Keep these little tips and tricks in mind before you do to make sure you nail it.
- If you’re confused about which chocolate candy bar to use for this recipe, go with Hershey’s milk chocolate- it has the perfect balance of sweetness and chocolate flavor. Depending on your personal preference, you can choose the candy bar with almonds or without.
- While overnight refrigeration is ideal for this pie, you can still stick to the minimum of 4-6 hours if you’re whipping this up in a hurry. To speed up the firming process, you can also pop the pie in the freezer for an hour or so and then back into the refrigerator.
- The filling for this pie calls for sour cream and cream cheese as two additional ingredients, but if you don’t have them and still want to try this recipe, you can just use whipped topping instead. Remember that you’ll need to reduce the amount of sugar you’re adding in this case, or else your pie will turn overly sweet.
- Cutting a no-bake pie can be a tricky job. To make it easier, you can run the knife under hot water and wipe it clean before using it to cut the slices. Remmeber to wipe the pie with a clean cloth after every single cut too.
Loved how easy it was to make this fancy-looking dessert? Looking for some more such recipes that are loaded with flavor yet low on the effort? Here are a few you might want to take a peek at.
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Lasagna Recipe
- Easy Black Forest Icebox Cake Recipe
- 2 cups (200g) graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup (60g) butter
- 8 tablespoon (118ml) milk
- 2 ¼ cups (500g) cream cheese
- ½ cup (80g) powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups (250g) milk chocolate
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoon (200ml) sour cream
- ⅔ cups (150g) milk chocolate bar
- ½ cup (100ml) sour cream
- To make the crust, melt the butter and mix it with the crumbs and milk.
- When you get a wet mixture pour it in a cake pan and leave it in a fridge to set.
- Mix the cream cheese with powdered sugar.
- Melt the chocolate, allow it to rest for 5 minutes off the heat, then add it slowly to the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix until everything is combined and pour it into the cake pan.
- For the glaze, pour the sour cream and the chocolate in a pot over medium heat and stir continuously until the chocolate is melted.
- Allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes then pour it on top of the cake.
- Leave the cake in the fridge overnight before you serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g