Creamy, fruity, and oh-so-delicious! That’s what this grapefruit lime mint yogurt parfait is all about.
Parfaits are a classic, easy dessert to whip up when you’re entertaining. They look so fancy, yet, take so little effort to make in most cases.
And that’s exactly the case with this grapefruit lime mint yogurt parfait. It has the perfect combination of fruity, tart, and creamy taste- think of it as summer in a dessert glass.
You can make this during the warmer months of the year for one of those barbeque parties you’re hosting, or enjoy it during the colder months when you’re craving for that summer feel.
Tempted already? Here’s all you need to know about the recipe before you dive right into it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need a super simple set of ingredients to whip up this fruity and creamy parfait.
- 4 large red grapefruits
- 4 cups reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoon honey
- Fresh mint leaves
How to Make the Grapefruit Lime Mint Yogurt Parfait
Making the parfait is super easy. Just get all your ingredients ready, and follow these step-by-step instructions.
Peel the grapefruits and divide them into pieces.
Put them in a big bowl and set them aside while you are creating the other part.
Put the yogurt in a big bowl.
Add the lime juice and lime zest.
Mix everything with a spoon.
Add a bit of the yogurt mixture to the bottom of your serving glass.
Add a few pieces of the grapefruit on top of the yogurt.
Repeat the same procedure until you reach the top of the glass.
Drizzle the honey on the top and some mint leaves for decoration.
What Else Can I Add?
This parfait is super versatile- don’t just stick to what the recipe calls for. You can also add in many other ingredients based on your personal preference and elevate the parfait.
Nuts: Walnuts, pecans, almonds, and pistachios are all excellent nuts that work wonderfully when added to the parfait. You can crush them and use them as a layer, or slice them up and use them as a topping for the parfait.
Granola: Granola is another good choice if you are looking to enjoy a crunchy, crumbly texture to your parfait, and at the same time, want to keep it healthy.
Others: Grapefruit and coconut both have flavors that go together really well, which is why you can add some coconut flakes into the parfait too. Apart from this, you can also add seeds like poppy seeds, chia seeds, and flaxseeds into the mix if you want to make it healthier.
Can I Use Full Fat Yogurt?
This recipe calls for the use of low-fat yogurt, which is why it could be great for those keeping their calories in check. However, if you can also opt for full-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt if you really want to enjoy that super creamy and rich taste.
Coconut yogurt is another excellent option- its subtle tropical flavor goes really well with the rest of the ingredients in the recipe.
How to Store the Grapefruit Lime Mint Yogurt Parfait
Your grapefruit parfait can stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you’re serving it in individual dessert glasses, make sure you cover them with cling wrap before you refrigerate. This will help preserve the freshness of the parfait and also keep out any refrigerator smells.
How to Pick the Right Grapefruit?
Going out, shopping for grapefruits? Keep these tips in mind to make sure you choose the best ones for this recipe.
- Pick grapefruits that have a uniform color and are firm all around. They should have no soft spots, dents, or discoloration on the outer surface.
- Choose grapefruits that are oval in shape, but have a slightly flat head and bottom.
- Remember to remove the pith or the white portion of the grapefruit when you’re slicing it through. It is this very part of the fruit that has a bitter taste.
What Can I Use Instead of Honey?
Honey is added to this grapefruit lime mint yogurt parfait to balance out the sourness and tartness, and to make the parfait a little sweet. If you don’t want to use honey, you can totally skip it and enjoy the natural flavors of the parfait too.
Alternatively, you could use any other natural sweetener of your choice- maple syrup and agave syrup are two excellent choices.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Grapefruit Lime Mint Yogurt Parfait Recipe
Think you’ve got it all covered? Wait up! You might want to keep these little tips and tricks in mind to take the recipe up a notch.
- Remember to use plain, unflavored yogurt for this recipe. Using any flavored yogurt will mess up the balance of flavors, and it’ll turn out to be a confusing dessert. If you really must, you can use vanilla flavored yogurt, which is versatile enough to be used and all ingredients.
- You can also remove the excess water from the yogurt by transferring it to a clean muslin cloth and hanging the cloth for a few minutes, allowing the watery portion of the yogurt to drain. This will make your yogurt more creamy and rich.
- Top the parfait with some toasted macadamia nuts for some extra crunch factor.
- You can also try making this parfait with some additional fruits. Grapefruit works wonderfully with strawberries, so if you have both, make a layer of each of them in the parfait.
- Blueberries are another excellent choice- and you don’t even need to chop them before you add them in. Frozen blueberries work just as wonderfully as fresh ones.
- Don’t forget to finish up the parfait with a nice spritz of whipped cream on the top for some extra deliciousness.
Loved how easy it was to make this parfait? On the hunt for some more desserts and sweet treats that you can try your hands at? Don’t forget to check these out!
- Easy Oreo Banana Parfait No-Bake Dessert
- Decadent Creamy Vanilla Caramel Pudding
- No-Bake Italian Cream Cake Recipe
- 4 large red grapefruits
- 4 cups (948ml) reduced fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoon (4g) grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoon (30g) lime juice
- 3 tablespoon (64g) honey
- Fresh mint leaves
- Peel the grapefruits and divide them into pieces.
- Put them in a big bowl and set them aside.
- Put the yogurt in a big bowl.
- Add the lime juice and lime zest.
- Mix everything with a spoon.
- Add a bit of the yogurt mixture to the bottom of your serving glass.
- Add a few pieces of the grapefruit on top of the yogurt.
- Repeat the same procedure until you reach the top of the glass.
- Drizzle the honey on the top and some mint leaves for decoration.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 7g