This coffee jelly drink is a delightfully rich and intense coffee-flavored dessert that you just can’t go wrong with.
Love your cup of coffee too much? Want to give it a fancy twist that you’ll love making over and over again? This coffee jelly drink is just perfect. It has the right balance of that kick of the coffee and the creaminess of the milk and also packs in the interesting texture of the intense, coffee-flavored jelly. Make this for the next get-together you’re hosting, and it’ll surely turn out to be a total crowd-pleaser.
Ready to give it a shot? Here’s what you need to know before you do.
Ingredients For the Coffee Jelly Drink
You’ll need just a few basic ingredients to make this fantastic drink.
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 ½ tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon gelatin powder
- ½ cup all-purpose cream
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
How to Make it
Making the coffee jelly drink is super easy. All you need to do is follow these step by steps instructions and you’re sorted.
To create the coffee jelly, mix the hot water, coffee powder, and sugar in a bowl.
Mix the ingredients and add the gelatin powder.
Pour the mixture into a rectangular mold and refrigerate it for a few hours or overnight.
When the jelly is set, cut it into squares and set it aside while you make the coffee drink.
Combine all-purpose cream, condensed milk, and coffee powder.
Add it in a glass and add the coffee jelly cubes on top.
You can leave it in the fridge before you serve it or you can serve it immediately if the ingredients for the drink are cold.
What Else Can I Add?
While this coffee jelly drink is a stunner all by itself, you can still bring in a bit of additional flavor by adding maple syrup as a sweetener instead of your regular sugar.
How Do I Store the Leftover Jelly?
Ended up using less jelly than you made? You can store the leftovers for another day, to use in another recipe. Just transfer it to a glass container with an airtight lid, and refrigerate. It can stay in there for up to 5 days.
Why is My Coffee Jelly Runny?
The simplest way to make sure your coffee jelly sets perfectly and turns out soft yet firm is to follow the instructions on the package. Each brand has a different temperature requirement, and sticking to what you’re supposed to be following is the way to go!
How Can I Help the Jelly Set Quicker?
If you’re making this on short notice, and want your jelly to cool down and set quicker, you can do that by letting the container in which you’re pouring the jelly mixture get chilled in the refrigerator while you’re cooking the jelly.
You can also pop your jelly into the freezer for a few minutes to get it to firm up quicker.
What Can I Use Instead of Gelatin Powder?
Agar-agar is a great option to consider if you’re looking for alternatives for gelatin powder. It is vegan and packs in some good macronutrients too.
And of course, you could always use gelatin sheets if you’re not too comfortable using the powdered version.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Coffee Jelly Drink
Ready to give this incredibly easy recipe a shot? You might want to keep these little tips and tricks in mind to nail the recipe.
- If you don’t want this to be an overly creamy drink, you can replace the condensed milk and the cream with regular milk. Based on your taste preferences, you might need to add in a bit of sugar too.
- If you’re using milk, remember to choose cold milk. You don’t necessarily need to use hot milk to get that coffee flavor to seep from the coffee jelly- the cold milk will do that pretty well too.
- If you’re trying to turn this drink into a vegan drink, you can substitute the jelly for agar-agar, and use plant-based milk like oat milk, soy milk, or almond milk instead of your regular milk.
- The depth of the dish that you’re using to cool the jelly will control how large the cubes turn out to be. Ideally, it is best to use a large-sized shallow pan, and fill it up to 2-3 cm.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Once you have your coffee-flavored gelatin cubes ready, you can play around with them as much as you want to, and try using them in different ways.
Of course, you can always stick to the coffee drink that this recipe follows, but don’t just stick there.
- You can pour these coffee cubes into small, individual dessert glasses, top them with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of instant coffee powder. This can act as a great way to serve it when you have some guests over.
- If your family is a fan of gelatin-based desserts, you can also place the coffee gelatin cubes in a mixture of vanilla or any other subtle flavored gelatin before you let it set in the refrigerator.
- Another cool idea is to create layers of flavored gelatin starting with the coffee gelatin cubes, and then some- let’s say- vanilla gelatin cubes.
- Transfer some of the gelatin cubes to a nice serving bowl and then top them with a couple of spoonfuls of a mixture of mascarpone cheese mixed with some whipped cream and powdered sugar.
- You can also serve this fancy drink along with some No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake or a No-Bake Oreo Banana Parfait dessert.
- If you don’t want to go through the process of cutting the jelly and then using it for the recipe, you can let it set in small individual bowls, and then instead of cutting it, you can top it with some whipped cream and serve it as is.
- Don’t forget to top the drink off with some chopped mint leaves for added freshness, pomegranate seeds, or some maraschino cherries.
- 2 cups (473ml) hot water
- 1 ½ tablespoon (7g) instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoon (25g) sugar
- 3 tablespoon (28g) gelatin powder
- ½ cup (64g) all purpose cream
- ¼ cup (118ml) condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon (5g) instant coffee powder
- To create the coffee jelly, mix the hot water, coffee powder, and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients and add the gelatin powder.
- Pour the mixture into a rectangular mold and refrigerate it for a few hours or overnight.
- When the jelly is set, cut it into squares and set it aside while you make the coffee drink.
- Combine all-purpose cream, condensed milk, and coffee powder.
- Add it in a glass and add the coffee jelly cubes on top.
- You can leave it in the fridge before you serve it or you can serve it immediately if the ingredients for the drink are cold.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 22Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g