These chocolate-dipped frozen bananas taste absolutely delicious, take minutes to make, and are a total crowd-pleaser too!
When it comes to making snacks and sweet treats, simple recipes are always the best. There’s just something about using minimal ingredients and putting in little effort that allows the flavors of the ingredients to shine through and makes the snack more enjoyable.
And that’s exactly what these chocolate dipped frozen bananas are all about. They are super easy to make, and you’ll love how they taste.
Plus, they are crafted with ingredients that are super healthy, which makes them an excellent healthy snack to bite into, minus the guilt.
Got you interested? Read on to discover how to make them.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just three simple ingredients to make these. It doesn’t get better than this.
- 2 bananas
- ⅔ cup chocolate
How to Make the Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas
Got all the ingredients ready? Here’s how to quickly make the frozen bananas.
Peel the bananas and cut them in half.
Stick them on wooden sticks.
Melt the chocolate in a microwave. You can add 2-3 tablespoon oil to the chocolate to get thinner and to cover the bananas better.
You can dip the bananas into the chocolate or cover them with a spoon if it is better for you.
Place the bananas on a dish covered with baking paper.
Place some crushed pistachios on the top.
Leave them in the fridge for 20 minutes.
What Other Fruits Can I Try This With?
One of the best things about this recipe is that you don’t necessarily need to stick to bananas. You can, infact, try this with a lot of different fruits.
Apples, kiwis, peaches, and berries are some classics you can’t go wrong with. Their flavors compliment the flavor of chocolate well, and you can find them pretty easily at the supermarket too.
Strawberries and raspberries in specific, are great and end up looking so gorgeous too!
What Other Toppings Can I Use?
This dessert is as versatile as it can get, which means you can go ahead and experiment with the toppings as much as you want to. This recipe calls for the use of crushed pistachios, but you could opt for any other kind of nut you prefer- peanuts, walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts are all great choices, since they are healthy and also lend the dessert a nice bit of crunch.
If you don’t fancy adding the nuts, you could roll the chocolate-coated bananas in coconut flakes, cookie crumbs, sprinkles, or your favorite cereal.
And if nothing else works, you could top the chocolate off with a drizzle of caramel sauce or melted white chocolate.
Which Chocolate Should I Use For the Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas?
Any kind of cooking chocolate is your best choice for this recipe, and of course, good-quality chocolate like Guittard or Ghirardelli will always give you that premium and luxurious taste. You could use milk chocolate or dark chocolate based on your taste preference. And of course, white chocolate is an option too.
If you don’t have cooking chocolate, you can make do with semisweet chocolate chips too. Just use them in the same way you would the cooking chocolate, and go ahead with the recipe.
How Do I Store the Leftovers?
Your leftover chocolate-dipped frozen bananas can last in the freezer for up to 7 days. It is always a good idea to consume them soon though since the bananas (and other fresh fruit) can quickly start to lose their texture and firmness once they are frozen.
Also, make sure you transfer the leftovers to a freezer-safe container to prevent freezer burn.
How Do I Utilize the Leftover Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas?
Your leftover frozen bananas can be turned into a nice dessert bowl when you combine them with a basic chia seed pudding. Another great idea is to make these chocolate-coated fruits in bite-sized pieces and then use them as a topping for your homemade cakes and mousse pies.
And if that doesn’t work for you, just combine them with some milk and other fruits in a food processor and blitz them together to turn it into a nice, thick smoothie.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Recipe
The recipe might be simple, but having some additional tips and tricks can always help.
- If your bananas don’t seem to be able to take on that chocolate coating as nicely as you want them to, there’s a little trick you could try out. Just pop the bananas into your freezer for a few minutes, get them out, and then follow the rest of the recipe as is.
- 20-30 minutes is the bare minimum amount of time you should allow the chocolate-dipped frozen bananas in the freezer. This will ensure that the outer chocolate coating has that nice crunchy shell that you are looking for.
- Another trick to ensure that your bananas or other fruits have that crunchy, thick outer chocolate coating is to add in a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil while you are melting the chocolate and give it a good mix.
- Using waxed paper or baking paper to place the bananas on is an absolute must. This will help keep the chocolate coating from sticking to the bare pan.
- When melting the chocolate, remember that the bowl and the spoon, and any other utensil that you are using for the process should be completely dry. Any amount of water will cause the melted chocolate to turn grainy, and it won’t have that nice, smooth texture that you are looking for.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These chocolate-dipped frozen bananas need no extra effort when it comes to serving. Just plate them up and serve them. If you’re feeling fancy, you can also dunk them in a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Loved this super easy recipe? Want to try out some more fun and easy dessert recipes you can make in minutes? Here are a few might want to check out.
- Decadent Creamy Vanilla Caramel Pudding
- Easy Peanut Butter Mashed Potato Candy Recipe
- No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 bananas
- ⅔ cups (100g) chocolate for melting
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half.
- Stick them on wooden sticks.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave. You can add 2-3 tablespoon oil to the chocolate to get thinner and to cover the bananas better.
- You can dip the bananas into the chocolate or cover them with a spoon if it is better for you.
- Place the bananas on a dish covered with baking paper.
- Place some crushed pistachios on the top.
- Leave them in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g