Looking for an easy and impressive dessert to make for your next party? This strawberry champagne jello will be sure to please. It is a no-bake dessert that anyone can make, and it only takes a few minutes to put together.
Plus, it looks so pretty with the pink and white colors from the strawberries and champagne. Serve this jello chilled and enjoy!
Strawberry Champagne Jello - No-Bake Dessert Recipe
I adore this recipe so much and really am so excited to share it with you. Such a simple way to make a stunning treat to enjoy poolside with my friends. And it's so versatile, too!
Here, I've made it two ways that are just each so fun. I made one with strawberry jello that is so much sweeter and DEFINITELY a dessert. But then I made a version that is definitely less sweet and relies more heavily on the champagne flavors to carry the day.
They're both so fantastic, you'll really enjoy it - either way!
So, scroll on down and let's make some magic.
Serving Tips for Strawberry Champagne Jello
Strawberry champagne jello is delicious all by itself, and by itself it is a truly decadent treat, but you may still want to take it over the top. Below are some of my favorite tips for serving this to guests and turning it into a real show-stopping dessert!
- Top with a swirl of whipped cream and sprig of mint.
- Add fresh sliced strawberries or other seasonal fruit to the top of the jello.
- Layer your strawberry champagne jello in a trifle dish with ladyfingers that have been soaked in champagne and .
- Top with shaved chocolate and a dollop of chocolate whipped cream.
- Serve with hardened sugar or caramel accent on top of the jello.
The main thing is to make this work for you and your guests. Sometimes that means serving this dish as is, and other times you may want to make it a bit more upscale with special toppings or even just supply some optional mix-in's like fresh fruit for your guests to add themselves.
What Goes into Making Strawberry Champagne Jello?
There are so few ingredients required for this fabulous no-bake dessert. And don't hesitate to make it both ways, because it's really worth it! When we get down to it, these are the ingredients required:
- 1 large box and 1 small box strawberry jello (or unflavored gelatin for a stronger champagne flavor)
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup champagne
- 2 cups strawberries
Kitchen Tools Needed
Now, of course, you might have these things already in your kitchen, so check there first, but in case you don't have them, I've provided links so you can snag these items needed to make this fun dessert.
How to Make Strawberry Champagne Jello
Place the jello in a large bowl and add 3 cups of boiling water. Stir until the jello dissolves completely.
Add the cold water and the champagne to the jello mixture.
Leave this to chill in the fridge for around 1 ½ hours but do not allow it to set completely.
Remove 1 ½ cups of the mixture and set aside.
Slice the strawberries.
Add the strawberries to the larger portion of the jello mixture and stir together well.
Place the strawberries and jello mixture in a serving glass.
Mix the reserved jello mixture with a mixer until it becomes foamy. Add a few spoonfuls of this mixture on the top of the glass and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make this strawberry champagne jello vegan?
Yes, you can! To make this recipe vegan, use a plant-based gelatin such as agar agar powder. You will need to use a little more of the powder since it is not as strong as traditional gelatin. I would start with using about double the amount called for in the recipe. Another option is to use fruit pectin, which can be found in the canning section of most grocery stores. Just follow the directions on the package for how much to use. Whichever option you choose, your jello should turn out beautifully!
What variations can you make?
There are so many ways that you can change up this recipe to make it your own. Here are a few ideas:
- Add in some other berries such as raspberries or blueberries.
- Try using a different type of alcohol such as vodka, rum, or even tequila! Just be sure to adjust the amount of sugar to taste.
- For a kid-friendly version, use sparkling apple cider instead of champagne. Again, you may want to adjust the amount of sugar depending on how sweet the cider is.
How Can I Fix Runny Strawberry Jello?
If your jello is too runny, there are a few things that you can try. First, make sure that you are using the correct amount of gelatin. If you need to, add a little bit more and see if that helps to thicken it up.
Another option is to put the jello mix in the fridge for about 15 minutes before adding the champagne. This will help the gelatin to set up a bit before adding the alcohol.
Lastly, make sure that your champagne is well chilled before adding it to the jello mix. If it is not cold enough, this can also cause the jello to be runny.
Tips for Storing Strawberry Champagne Jello
Ideally, you would serve this the same day or within 2 days of making it. However, it can last for up to 5 days when stored properly in the refrigerator. If you are serving it in dessert glasses, make sure that you cover it tightly when refrigerating so it doesn't take on other food flavors or smells.
Looking for More No-Bake Desserts?
If you love the idea of a no-bake dessert so your kitchen doesn't heat up unnecessarily, join the club! We will be adding more delicious ideas here soon, but for now, check out these favorites that are often on our dessert menu. Make sure you bookmark the recipes or print them out so you will have them on hand when you need an easy treat!
- 1 large box and 1 small box (9oz or 252g) strawberry jello (or unflavored gelatin for a stronger champagne flavor)
- 3 cups (711ml) hot water
- 2 cups (474ml) cold water
- 1 cup (237ml) champagne
- 2 cups (250g) strawberries
- Place the jello in a large bowl and add 3 cups of boiling water. Stir until the jello dissolves completely.
- Add the cold water and the champagne to the jello mixture.
- Leave this to chill in the fridge for around 1 ½ hours but do not allow it to set completely.
- Remove 1 ½ cups of the mixture and set aside.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Add the strawberries to the larger portion of the jello mixture and stir together well.
- Place the strawberries and jello mixture in a serving glass.
- Mix the reserved jello mixture with a mixer until it becomes foamy. Add a few spoonfuls of this mixture on the top of the glass and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g