This easy no-bake rocky road cheesecake recipe is perfect for those who want the amazing flavor of rocky road and cheesecake. It's made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, and it takes just minutes to prepare. Plus, it's a great option for those times when you don't want to turn on the oven.
Easy No-Bake Rocky Road Cheesecake Recipe: A Delicious and Easy Dessert
There are so many great ways to enjoy this Rocky Road Cheesecake. I love to eat it straight from the fridge, or warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds if it's just a week bit too cold. It's also great topped with whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
No matter how you eat it, this Rocky Road Cheesecake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
What are some variations on this no-bake cheesecake?
There are so many great ways to customize this Rocky Road Cheesecake. Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
- Use different kinds of chocolate for the crust. I love dark chocolate, but milk chocolate or white chocolate would be delicious as well.
- Swap out the nuts for your favorite toppings. I often use chopped peanuts, almonds, or hazelnuts.
- Add a drizzle of caramel or fudge sauce to the cheesecake on top of your topping layer.
- Mix in some crushed candy canes or peppermint extract for a festive twist.
- Top with fresh berries or more cherries for a pop of color.
The possibilities are endless!
What Goes into Making Rocky Road Cheesecake?
- 2 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cups graham crackers or digestive biscuits (roughly chopped)
- 1 ½ cups marshmallows
- ½ cup maraschino cherries
- ½ cup roasted almond kernels
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 2 ¼ cups cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cups raspberries
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Blender or Food processor
- Hand mixer
- 9-inch springform pan
- Medium saucepan
How to Make Rocky Road Cheesecake
Line a cake pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
To make the crust, melt the chocolate then add the chopped graham crackers, cherries, marshmallows and almonds and stir everything together.
Pour the mixture in the mold as a first layer of the cake. Press it nice and flat so the crust will be structurally sound.
Combine the boiling water and the gelatin then set it aside.
Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set it aside.
Mix the cream cheese, sugar, coconut and the vanilla extract with a mixer.
Add the whipped cream and continue mixing.
Add the gelatin mixture and continue mixing.
Add the raspberries and fold them in with a spoon.
Spoon the mixture in the cake pan over the crust of the cake and smooth it neatly.
Place the cake in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours before serving.
I decorated mine with marshmallows, raspberries, melted chocolate and pistachios, but you can do whatever floats your boat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it called "rocky road"?
The name "rocky road" comes from the fact that this cheesecake is studded with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. It's a great way to use up any leftover chocolate you have in your pantry, and it gives this cheesecake a delicious Rocky Road flavor.
Why is it called "cheese"cake?
The earliest recipes for what we now know as cheesecake were actually more like a savory dish, made with cream cheese, eggs, and spices. It wasn't until the 18th century that sugar and other sweeteners were added to the mix, transforming it into the dessert we know and love today.
But, the inclusion of cheese (in this case, cream cheese) is what gives it the name "cheese" cake.
Can you make this no-bake cheesecake vegan or gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe can easily be made vegan or gluten-free, particularly if you are familiar with those styles of cooking. I'll be honest, there's a lot of swaps required and some of them may trip you up if you are not familiar.
For example, the marshmallows are not vegan, so if you're going for vegan, you'll need to find vegan marshmallows. So just keep that in mind.
Tips for Storing Rocky Road Cheesecake
How long does rocky road cheesecake last?
Rocky road cheesecake will last for five days in the fridge. I recommend covering it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. To keep the cake from getting "squishy" or liquidy, press the plastic wrap up close to cheesecake itself, leaving little room for condensation to build-up.
Can you freeze rocky road cheesecake?
Yes, rocky road cheesecake can be frozen. Just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or a zipper-top bag and store it in the freezer for up to two months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Looking for More No-Bake Desserts?
If you love the idea of a no-bake dessert so your kitchen doesn't heat up unnecessarily, join the club! We will be adding more delicious ideas here soon, but for now, check out these favorites that are often on our dessert menu. Make sure you bookmark the recipes or print them out so you will have them on hand when you need an easy treat!
- 2 ½ cups (450g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cups (125g) graham crackers or digestive biscuits (roughly chopped)
- 1 ½ cups (70g) marshmallows
- ½ cup (95g) maraschino cherries
- ½ cup (71.5g) roasted almond kernels
- ¼ cup (59ml) boiling water
- 2 teaspoon (6.6g) gelatin powder
- 2 ¼ cups (500g) cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup (134g) sugar
- ⅓ cup (32g) desiccated coconut
- 3 teaspoon (14.7ml) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (118ml) heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cups (125g) raspberries
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
- To make the crust, melt the chocolate then add the chopped graham crackers, cherries, marshmallows and almonds and stir everything together.
- Pour the mixture in the mold as a first layer of the cake.
- Combine the boiling water and the gelatin then set it aside.
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set it aside.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, coconut and the vanilla extract with a mixer.
- Add the whipped cream and continue mixing.
- Add the gelatin mixture and continue mixing.
- Add the raspberries and fold them in with a spoon.
- Spoon the mixture in the cake pan over the crust of the cake and smooth it neatly.
- Place the cake in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours before serving.
- I decorated mine with marshmallows, raspberries, melted chocolate and pistachios, but you can do whatever floats your boat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g