Just a few minutes and ingredients are all you need to put this creamy and decadent no-churn cherry cheesecake ice cream a try!
Love homemade ice cream but don’t like how much effort it takes to make it? This no-churn cherry cheesecake ice cream is about to change things for you. It is exactly what it sounds like- the perfect mixture of tartness from the cherries and the creaminess of ice cream.
And as fancy as it sounds, it is actually a super simple dessert that you can whip up with just a handful of kitchen essentials. This ice cream might just become your family’s next favorite, so go give it a shot!
Ingredients For the No Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
With just 5 ingredients to name, this is one recipe you definitely need to try out.
- 3 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
How to Make it
Making the ice cream is super easy. These step-by-step instructions are all you need to follow.
Pour the heavy cream into a big bowl and mix it with a hand mixer for a few minutes until stiff peaks form.
Add the condensed milk and vanilla and continue mixing until everything is well combined together.
Add the graham crackers and mix with a spoon.
Pour half of the mixture into a big pan, followed by the cherry pie filling.
Make some swirls with a fork and add the rest of the whipped cream mixture.
You can decorate the top with cherry pieces and crushed graham crackers.
Leave it in a fridge for at least 4 hours before you serve.
Why is My Heavy Cream Runny?
Heavy cream can get runny super quick if it isn’t whipped at the right temperature. For this recipe, you’ll need it to have stiff peaks, and if that isn’t happening, you might need to put the cream back into the refrigerator for a while to allow it to chill.
Apart from this, you can also freeze your whisk and the bowl in which you’re planning to whip the cream until they get that nice, solid icy coat. This will help your cream get to that stage faster, and it won’t turn runny.
What Can I Use Instead of Condensed Milk?
The condensed milk is what adds a nice sweetness to the ice cream, without the need for adding any powdered sugar. In short, it is a must for this recipe. You can, however, use softened cream cheese instead of heavy cream, to get a more intense cheesecake flavor.
What Can I Use Instead of Graham Crackers?
Graham crackers are the absolute no-fail option to use for this ice cream. It perfectly replicates the flavor and texture of a cheesecake crust and is easily available too.
You can use the honey-flavored variety if you want your ice cream to have a little additional sweetness. Nilla wafers are another excellent and versatile alternative to opt for.
How Can I Store the Leftover Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream?
Storing the leftover ice cream is easy. Just put it back into the freezer like you would with any other ice cream that you’re making. If you’re storing it in the same box or container that you made it in, make sure you cover it with a couple of layers of plastic wrap to keep the freshness intact.
Can I Try This With Another Fruit?
Yes of course! If you don’t have the cherry pie filling, or just want to try this out with another flavor, you totally can! Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries are all excellent choices. You can use their canned pie filling, or make it yourself at home by combining these chopped berries with some sugar and a bit of vanilla and then letting it simmer for a while until the mixture thickens a bit.
What Else Can I Add?
If you want to let go of the fruit altogether, you can add peanut butter, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, fudge, chocolate chips, espresso powder, sprinkles, chopped nuts, candied nuts, brownie chunks, Nutella, or even some Oreo crumbs. Better yet, opt for a combination of two or more of these ingredients.
Tips to Make the No Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
While making this ice cream is super easy, some additional tips and tricks can always help.
- When mixing the ingredients together, always remember to gently fold the mixture, instead of mixing it too vigorously. This is to ensure that your mixture remains light and airy.
- Remember to allow the cherry cheesecake ice cream at least 4-8 hours of freezing, so that it gets the right texture, and you don’t end up serving a runny mess.
- If you’re whipping the cream on short notice, and don’t have the time to refrigerate or freeze the bowl and the whisk, you can set up a makeshift ice bath in your kitchen, and then whip the cream over it.
- If you’re using cream cheese for this recipe, remember to get it to room temperature, so that it becomes easier to work with.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
The best part about this no-churn cherry cheesecake ice cream is the fact that you can have it as is.
- Just take a spoon and dig into it if you’re feeling like it, or scoop it out into a bowl, top it with crushed graham crackers and serve!
- If you have ice cream cones at home, you can also top a scoop on it and enjoy it on a warm summer day.
- Got some wafer sandwiches? You can spread the ice cream in between two wafers and enjoy it.
- This ice cream mix can also be an excellent dip for your crackers and cookies if you’re serving it for a little get-together you’re throwing at home.
Loved how this recipe turned out? Here are a few more easy and quick dessert recipes you might want to look at.
- 3 cups (710ml) cold heavy cream
- 1 ⅓ cups (315ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (100g) crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup (237ml) cherry pie filling
- Pour the heavy cream into a big bowl and mix it with a hand mixer for a few minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla and continue mixing until everything is well combined together.
- Add the graham crackers and mix with a spoon.
- Pour half of the mixture into a big pan, followed by the cherry pie filling.
- Make some swirls with a fork then add the rest of the cream mixture.
- You can decorate the top with cherry pieces and crushed graham crackers.
- Leave it in a fridge for at least 4 hours before you serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g