These no-bake white chocolate cookies are the perfect festive sweet treat that takes just minutes to whip up!
Soft, chewy, and full of the delicious white chocolate flavor, these healthy no-bake white chocolate cookies are an absolute must-try if you’re on the hunt for an easy, effortless cookie recipe to try your hands at.
These versatile cookies can also be tweaked around and you can add in any other flavorings or ingredients that you like.
Best of all, you can make them in a batch and store them for later too- so you’ll always have a nice sweet treat ready for when you feel a hunger pang hit.
Tempted enough to give the recipe a shot? Here’s a little more you should know about it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just a handful of ingredients to make the no-bake white chocolate cookies.
- 1 ½ cup white chocolate
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup of marshmallows
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup oat flour
Kitchen Tools Needed
How to Make the White Chocolate Cookies
Once you have all your kitchen tools and ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the cookies.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Place the milk, vanilla, and white chocolate in a big dish and heat it in a microwave or on a stovetop, stirring periodically, until the chocolate is completely melted.
Stir until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
Add the sugar and mix until everything is combined.
Add the marshmallows and stir until they melt.
Add oat flour to the mixture and mix well.
Now add old-fashioned oats to it and mix thoroughly.
Scoop the mixture into cookie shapes onto the prepared baking dish.
Leave in the fridge to set.
Decorate with melted dark chocolate or Nutella.
Frequently Asked Questions
Oats and oat flour make up the bulk of these cookies- but if they are not something that you want to use, you could use almond flour or coconut flour and add some protein powder to make the cookies hold their shape.
For a bit of crunch and deliciousness, you can also add crushed cereal, rice Krispies and/or graham cracker crumbs into the mixture.
There’s a lot more that you can add to the mixture of these delicious cookies to make them more flavorful and lend them a bit of texture. Dried cranberries (or any other berries) for example, are a great choice because they don’t just add flavor but also enhance the look of the cookies.
If you want some additional flavor into your cookies, you can add a spoonful or two of peanut butter or almond butter, or any other nut or seed butter of your choice into the mixture. This will not just add some additional flavor into your cookies but will also make them more creamy and delicious and will help them set well too.
If nothing else works for you, you can add some lemon or orange zest into the cookie mixture to transform them into a nice summery sweet treat.
When it comes to topping these cookies, you can go crazy and it will still work out in your favor. And that’s simply because white chocolate has a nice subtle flavor that works with almost anything. You can choose to drizzle the cookies with some Nutella or Lotus Biscoff spread or even some caramel spread if you want to.
Another great idea is to sprinkle some chocolate flakes or sprinkles on them before you refrigerate them. You can even top the cookies with some chopped nuts of your choice- this will lend them a nice crunch factor too.
Your no-bake white chocolate cookies can be refrigerated for up to 7 days. Just use an airtight container to store them, so that they are fresh.
If you want to store your cookies for longer than that, you can transfer them to a freezer-safe container or pop them in a Ziploc bag before you put them in the freezer. This will help keep away the freezer burn and you can store your cookies for up to 3 months there.
Remember that if you are planning on freezing the cookies, have a sheet of parchment paper between each layer of cookies to keep them from sticking to each other.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Recipe
The recipe is super simple and easy to follow, no doubt, but having these additional tips and tricks up your sleeve can always help.
- Want to lend your white chocolate cookies a bit of the original chocolate flavor, but without actually using milk chocolate? You can add a bit of cocoa powder to it to give the cookies an extra depth of flavor.
- These no-bake cookies highly rely on refrigeration time to set well, and that’s exactly why you need to make sure you give them at least a couple of hours in there to firm up and hold their shape.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out equal-sized portions of the dough- this will help all your cookies have a perfect size.
- To lend a bit of additional flavor to these cookies, you can add a bit of sea salt or kosher salt into the mixture. This will balance the sweetness of the cookies and keep them from tasting overly sweet.
- While this recipe calls for the use of old-fashioned oats, you can use quick-cooking oats too. Just remember that your cookies will have a much softer texture, which is why you might want to consider skipping the oat flour and increasing the amount of quick oats you’re adding.
- If you’re using the microwave to melt the chocolate, stir it at every 30-second interval to keep the chocolate from burning.
Looking for some more fun and delicious recipes like these no-bake cookies? Something that’s easy to make and needs minimal ingredients? Here are a few good handpicked ones you might want to check out.
- Classic No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Truffles
- No-Bake Vegan Energy Balls Recipe
- 1 ½ cup (210g) white chocolate
- ¼ cup (59ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup (90g) of marshmallows
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 ½ cups (135g) old fashioned oats
- 1 cup (88g) oat flour
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the milk, vanilla, and white chocolate in a big dish and heat it in a microwave or on a stovetop, stirring periodically, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add the sugar and mix until everything is combined.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they melt.
- Add oat flour to the mixture and mix well.
- Now add old-fashioned oats to it and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture into cookie shapes onto the prepared baking dish.
- Leave in the fridge to set.
- Decorate with melted dark chocolate or Nutella.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g