Do you have a sweet tooth? If so, you're going to love this No-Bake S'mores Icebox Cake! This dessert is perfect, because it doesn't require any baking.
All you need to do is assemble the ingredients and let them chill in the fridge. The end result is a delicious cake that tastes just like s'mores!
Indulge Your Sweet Tooth With This No-Bake S’mores Icebox Cake
Why is it called an "ice box" cake?
The name "icebox cake" comes from the fact that these desserts were traditionally made in an icebox.
An icebox was a type of refrigerator that was common in homes before the invention of the modern refrigerator. Iceboxes had compartments that could be filled with ice, which would keep food cold.
Today, we still use the term "icebox" to describe desserts that are made with chilled ingredients.
What is an Icebox Cake?
An icebox cake is a type of dessert that doesn't require any baking. Instead, the cake is assembled using chilled ingredients, such as whipped cream or pudding. The cake is then refrigerated for several hours, allowing the flavors to meld together.
This No-Bake S'mores Icebox Cake recipe is a perfect example of an icebox cake!
What Are Some Variations on This Recipe You Can Make?
There are many variations you can make on this No-Bake S'mores Icebox Cake recipe. For example, you could use a different type of cookie in place of the graham crackers. Oreos would be a delicious alternative!
You could also add some chopped nuts to the cake for an extra crunch. Or, if you want to make the cake even more chocolatey, you could use chocolate pudding instead of vanilla.
No matter how you make it, this No-Bake S'mores Icebox Cake is sure to be a hit!
What Goes into Making S’mores Icebox Cake?
- About 20 whole graham crackers
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- ½ cup dark chocolate pieces
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 2 cups marshmallows
Kitchen Tools Needed
- 9"x9" baking dish
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
How to Make S’mores Icebox Cake
In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
Start by placing a single layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan.
Spread a layer of the whipped heavy cream on top of the graham crackers, followed by a layer of chocolate syrup spread thinly over the cream.
Add a layer of marshmallow fluff over the chocolate syrup and spread it neatly.
Continue layering the graham crackers, whipped heavy cream, chocolate syrup and marshmallow fluff until you have utilized all of the ingredients. Finish with a final marshmallow fluff layer on top.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Decorate with crushed graham crackers, dark chocolate pieces and marshmallows.
Then toast the marshmallows with a burner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is This Cake Vegetarian?
Yes, this No-Bake S'mores Icebox Cake recipe is vegetarian. There are dairy products used, so it will not be vegan as it is written, but it is vegetarian.
Can I Make This Cake Vegan?
Yes, you can make this No-Bake S'mores Icebox Cake recipe vegan by using a vegan whipping cream instead of dairy-milk whipping cream and vegan cookie in place of the graham crackers.
You can use a store-bought vegan whipped cream instead of the dairy-milk as described in the recipe, or make your own using coconut cream. I have used both and they work wonderfully.
As far as the graham crackers, there are many brands of vegan cookies on the market, so you should be able to find one that you like.
Finally, just take note that marshmallows are not automatically vegan. Take care to purchase and use vegan marshmallows (I find mine online) for a 100% vegan icebox cake.
Can I Make This Cake Gluten-Free?
Yes, you can make this No-Bake S'mores Icebox Cake recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free graham crackers. There are many brands of gluten-free graham crackers on the market, so you should be able to find one that you like.
You could also use another type of cookie, such as a gluten-free Oreo, in place of the graham crackers.
Tips to Nail this Recipe
Here are a few tips to help you make this No-Bake S'mores Icebox Cake recipe perfectly the first time:
- Make sure all of your ingredients are well chilled before you start assembling the cake. This will help prevent the whipped cream from melting.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the cake, as this will prevent the graham crackers from crumbling.
- If you want to make individual servings, you can use a muffin tin to assemble the cake. Just place a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of each cup, followed by the whipped cream mixture, then so-on.
- Remember to cover the cream cake with aluminum foil or cling wrap before you refrigerate it. This will keep away any of those weird fridge smells from getting into your dessert.
Tips for Storing No-Bake Cakes
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. However, these No-Bake S'mores Icebox Cakes are so delicious that they probably won't last that long!
You could also make the cake ahead of time and store it in the fridge for a few days before serving. Again, just keep it stored in an airtight container and try to eat it all before the end of the three days.
Looking for More No-Bake Desserts?
If you love the idea of a no-bake dessert so your kitchen doesn't heat up unnecessarily, join the club! We will be adding more delicious ideas here soon, but for now, check out these favorites that are often on our dessert menu. Make sure you bookmark the recipes or print them out so you will have them on hand when you need an easy treat!
- About 20 whole (180g) graham crackers
- 1 cup (185g) marshmallow fluff
- 3 cups (696ml) whipping cream
- ½ cup (118ml) chocolate syrup
- ½ cup (85g) dark chocolate pieces
- 1 cup (120g) crushed graham crackers
- 2 cups (90g) marshmallows
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, whisk the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Start by placing a single layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread a layer of the whipped heavy cream on top of the graham crackers, followed by a layer of chocolate syrup spread thinly over the cream.
- Add a layer of marshmallow fluff over the chocolate syrup and spread it neatly.
- Continue layering the graham crackers, whipped heavy cream, chocolate syrup and marshmallow fluff until you have utilized all of the ingredients. Finish with a final marshmallow fluff layer on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Decorate with crushed graham crackers, dark chocolate pieces and marshmallows.
- Then toast the marshmallows with a burner.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g