Super delicious and wickedly easy to make- that’s what this no-bake Kit Kat cheesecake recipe is all about! Go try it out!
Have an undying love for Kit Kat and cheesecake? This little recipe puts them both together in an easy, no-bake recipe that you’ll find yourself making again and again.
It has just the perfect balance of that delicious chocolate flavor, and the silky smooth cream cheese with the crunch of the wafer- one slice will transport you to cheesecake heaven!
Tempted already? Here’s everything you need to know about putting the cheesecake together.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need some basic ingredients to make the cheesecake- and some Kit Kat of course!
For the Cheesecake
- 30 Kit kat bars + a few for decoration
- 2 ¼ cups cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
Graham crackers crust
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate
How to Make the Kit Kat Cheesecake
Once you have all the ingredients ready, here’s the step-by-step process you need to follow to get the cheesecake to hit perfection.
Put the graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until you get crumbs.
Add the sugar and melted butter, mix the ingredients with a spoon and pour the mixture into a cake pan.
Next, place the kit kat bars around the edge of the pan.
To make the cheesecake filling, mix the cream cheese with the sugar.
Add the rest of the ingredients for the cheesecake.
When the cheesecake filling is ready pour it over the crust layer and continue with the next layer while this one is cooling.
Make the chocolate ganache by heating the heavy cream until it is steaming.
Add the chocolate and mix with a spoon until it's completely melted.
When the chocolate ganache is done, add it to the top of the cake.
On the top, you may want to add some crushed kit kat bars.
Can I Use Powdered Sugar Instead of Granulated Sugar?
You definitely can. The reason why granulated sugar is often the preferred choice in most baking and dessert recipes is the fact that its crystals don’t end up getting caked together, which makes it great for measuring it out perfectly and getting it to dissolve easily too.
Can I Use Ready Chocolate Ganache?
You can definitely use ready chocolate ganache if you’re making this recipe in a hurry and don’t want to use too many pots and pans and don’t fancy all the extra kitchen time.
However, there’s just something about homemade chocolate ganache that can really elevate the flavors of this no-bake Kit Kat cheesecake.
Why is My Chocolate Ganache Not Smooth?
There are different reasons why your chocolate ganache might end up grainy, but the good news is, you can actually fix your broken ganache. First, get the ganache on a double boiler, and then, start to gradually pour in a little warm water while constantly whisking the mixture vigorously.
Adding just the right amount of water will cause the sugar and the cocoa to melt and turn into that smooth, silky consistency, which is exactly what you want.
How Do I Store the Kit Kat Cheesecake?
The best way to store your leftover Kit Kat cheesecake is to transfer it to an airtight container and pop it in the refrigerator. You can also just cover it with a lid and then refrigerate it for up to 7 days.
Remember that it is best to consume the cheesecake within this time period, as all the elements that make it up are not baked, and can start to lose their texture and shape.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Kit Kat Cheesecake Recipe
Ready to try out this insanely delicious recipe? Wait up! Before you do, make sure you keep these little tips and tricks in mind.
- To get some extra creaminess and fluffiness into the cheesecake, you can mix the cream cheese mixture with some whipped cream. Remember to stick to using double cream, which has a higher fat content, which is just what you need for this recipe. Also, remember to get the cream to the soft peak consistency before you combine it with the cream cheese.
- Allow your cream cheese to come at room temperature before you use it for this recipe- it will ensure that all the rest of the ingredients are incorporated well and that your cheesecake will be uniform in texture.
- Setting a no-bake cheesecake can be tricky, but not so much if you choose the right kind of cream cheese. You might be tempted to pick the low-fat variety, but when it comes to making cheesecakes, doing that could literally ruin your cheesecake. Low fat cream cheese does not have enough fat for it to set when refrigerated, which is why you won’t get those perfect cheesecake slices no matter how long you refrigerate it.
- Find the right balance when whipping the cream cheese. Overbeating it will cause it to split and undereating it will not get it to have that creamy, fluffy consistency you are looking for.
- You can also add some crushed Kit Kat into the cream cheese mixture to enjoy a bit of texture in your cheesecake.
- Remember to let the cheesecake chill in the refrigerator for as long as possible. This will help the crust and the cream cheese layer set well, and you’ll get those perfect, clean slices that you are looking for.
- Use a sharp knife to cut out the slices from the cheesecake, and wipe it well (ideally with a damp cloth) after every cut. This will ensure that your cheesecake slices are cut to perfection.
Loved how easy it was to make this no-bake Kit Kat cheesecake? Fancy trying out some more similar easy recipes? Here are a few excellent ones to get started on right away.
- 30 Kit kat bars + a few for decoration
- 2 ¼ cups (500g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (237ml) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla
- 2 teaspoon (10ml) lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup (150g) graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup (50g) sugar
- ⅓ cup (70g) butter
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
- 1 cup (200g) chocolate
- Put the graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until you get crumbs.
- Add the sugar and melted butter, mix the ingredients with a spoon and pour the mixture into a cake pan.
- Next, place the kit kat bars around the edges of the cake pan.
- To make the filling, mix the cream cheese with the sugar.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients for the cheesecake.
- When the cheesecake filling is ready pour it over the crust layer and continue with the next layer while this one is cooling.
- Make the chocolate ganache by heating the heavy cream until it is steaming.
- Add the chocolate and mix with a spoon until the chocolate is completely melted.
- When the chocolate ganache is done, add it to the top of the cake.
- On the top, you may want to add some crushed kit kat bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 729Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 1gSugar: 68gProtein: 10g