Your favorite cinnamon and sugar-laden cookie evolve into this delicious and easy-to-make snickerdoodle mug cake!
Ready in a matter of minutes, this snickerdoodle mug cake is the perfect single-serving dessert to whip up when you’re craving something sweet, but don’t want to put in too much effort.
Even if you’re late to the mug cake trend, you have to give this deliciously soft and fluffy cake a shot. Plus, you can top it with lots of different flavor bombs.
Ready to give it a shot? Here’s all you need to know about it before you do.
Ingredients For the Recipe
To make the snickerdoodle mug cake, you’ll need a handful of pantry essentials.
- ¼ cup + 2tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Kitchen Tools Needed
How to Make the Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the mug cake.
In a small dish mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.
Add the milk, butter, and vanilla and whisk until the butter is soft and the mixture is thick.
Choose your favorite mug that you can put in a microwave and put a little butter inside to prevent the dough from sticking.
Add sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it over the top and around the mug edges.
Bake it in a microwave at a high temperature for around 1-1:30 minutes.
Let it rest for a few minutes before you serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
This snickerdoodle mug cake is basically a warm, cinnamony spin on your classic vanilla cake. If you don’t want to go through the process with multiple ingredients, you can make it easier by just using a boxed instant vanilla mug cake mix. You can then add some cinnamon powder into it and it should work just as well, depending on the process the boxed cake needs you to follow.
This classic snickerdoodle mug cake is super versatile, so if you want to try out and experiment with different additions to it, you can totally do that too.
A sprinkle of dark chocolate chips or caramel bits into the mug cake mixture can lend it a nice contrast of texture and some additional flavor as well. If you’re trying to make the mug cake a bit healthier, you can throw in some chopped nuts of your choice as well, or use them as a topping.
You can also top the mug cake with some slices of banana or a generous spoonful of cream cheese (at room temperature).
Because this mug cake is so easy to put together, making it ahead of time is not recommended, and not actually needed too. You can, of course, make the batter and refrigerate it for up to a couple of hours before you want to make the mug cake, but that’s pretty much it.
This snickerdoodle mug cake is made without eggs, which is why it can dry out pretty quick- even quicker than your regular cake. If you really must, you can make it up to a day in advance, refrigerate it after covering it with cling wrap and then reheat it in the microwave when you want it before you serve.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Snickerdoodle Mug Cake Recipe
All set to give the snickerdoodle mug cake recipe a shot? Wait up. Keep these little tips and tricks in mind to take the recipe up a notch.
- Depending on your personal preference, you can use whole milk or skim milk for this recipe. You could also substitute with non-dairy milk like almond milk or oat milk if you want to.
- The time that your snickerdoodle mug cake will need to cook completely depends on the wattage of your microwave. To test if the cake is done, just insert a toothpick into the center of the cake, and if it comes out clean, your mug cake is done.
- To enjoy an extra punch of that cinnamony sweetness, you can grease the mug with some butter and dust it with a mixture of cinnamon and granulated sugar before you pour in the cake mixture.
- Another great idea is to pour half of the mixture into the mug, top it with cinnamon sugar, and then pour the rest of the mixture on it to get a nice layered cake that is loaded with flavor.
- Remember to use a whisk or a fork to mix all the dry ingredients together well. Baking powder tends to solidify into tiny granules, which, if left undisturbed in the mixture, can ruin your cake batter and end up giving you a bitter taste when you bite into it.
- If you want to serve the mug cake on a plate, and can’t seem to be able to get it out of the mug, run a butter knife along the edges to carefully separate it, and flip it over. And of course, don’t forget to grease the mug beforehand too, to make things easier.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
The snickerdoodle mug cake tastes best when served right out of the microwave- while it is still nice and warm. You can also top it with some whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream for some extra flavor and texture, and if you really want to take it up a notch, a nice drizzle of caramel sauce or chocolate sauce can work wonders.
If you’re making this for everyone in the family and want it to look nice and fancy, you can use a mason jar instead of a mug to make the cake.
Loved making this mug cake? On the hunt for some more fun and interesting dessert recipes to try out? Here are a few good options to consider.
- Frozen Samoa Pie Copycat Girl Scouts Recipe
- Fried Ice Cream Balls Recipe
- Easy Black Forest Icebox Cake Recipe
- ¼ cup + 2tbsp (48g) all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon (25g) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) cinnamon
- ¼ cup (59ml) milk
- 2 tablespoon (28g) salted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon (2.5g) pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (12g) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) cinnamon
- In a small dish mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add the milk, butter, and vanilla and whisk until the butter is soft and the mixture is thick.
- Choose your favorite mug that you can put in a microwave and put a little butter inside to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Add sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it over the top and around the mug edges.
- Bake it in a microwave at a high temperature for around 1-1:30 minutes.
- Let it rest for a 3-5 minutes before you serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 665Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 96gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g