These Funfetti Cheesecake Pops are made with creamy birthday cake flavored cheesecake and topped with colorful sprinkles, making them the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Whether you're celebrating a birthday or just looking for something sweet and tasty, Funfetti Cheesecake Pops are sure to be a party-pleaser.
Funfetti Cheesecake Pops: A Deliciously Fun No-Bake Treat
But, I want to be clear. No really, let's be really clear, you don't even have to have a party. These birthday cheesecake pops are perfect even if you just want to have a little snicky-snack that you can freeze and enjoy them one-by-one over the next couple of months until your birthday.
They're just perfect for celebrating even the smallest things.
What is "funfetti"?
Funfetti is a type of cake that is made with colorful sprinkles mixed into the batter. The word "funfetti" comes from the combination of the words "fun" and "confetti". Funfetti cakes are often enjoyed during celebrations, such as birthdays and holidays.
What are cheesecake pops?
Cheesecake pops are a type of dessert that is made by combining cheesecake with popsicle sticks. They are often dipped in chocolate or other flavored coatings and then decorated with sprinkles or other toppings. Cheesecake pops are a popular treat because they are easy to eat and can be made in a variety of flavors.
What Goes into Making Funfetti Cheesecake Pops?
It's super likely you have all the things you need in your kitchen and pantry already to make these epic cheesecake pops, so go open up those cabinets and see if you have these six simple ingredients.
- ½ cup cake mix
- 2 cups whipping topping
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles + more for decor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Kitchen Tools Needed
Like the ingredients, you probably have all the tools you need, but just in case, here are some links for anyone who's not sure.
How to Make Funfetti Cheesecake Pops
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Cream these together with an electric mixer.
Add the whipped heavy cream and mix well.
Then add cake mix and mix until well combined.
Stir in half of the rainbow sprinkles and fold them in. Do not over mix or the sprinkles will start to run and discolor everything.
Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined baking pan, spreading it into an even layer.
Top with the other half of the rainbow sprinkles.
Freeze for at least 4 hours or until completely firm.
Cut into ½ inch squares and insert popsicle sticks, then serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make Funfetti Cheesecake Pops with a Popsicle Mold?
Yes, you can use a popsicle mold with this recipe - or a mini muffin tin or silicone cupcake liners, too. Just be sure to grease the mold with cooking spray before adding the cheesecake mixture so that it comes out smoothly when you're ready for a treat!
Tips for Decorating Cheesecake Pops:
If you'd like to jazz-up your non-bake treats, I have some ideas you can try to make them a little more unique:
- Use a variety of sprinkles, including nonpareils, jimmies, and sugar pearls.
- Dip the pops in melted chocolate or white chocolate.
- Roll the pops in crushed cookies or nuts.
- Use a piping bag to pipe on icing or chocolate sauce.
Tips for Cutting Cheesecake Pops:
- Use a sharp knife to ensure clean cuts. Leave the lazy butter knife in the drawer and break out that larger chef's knife - this is it's time to shine.
- Dip the knife in hot water and dry it off before each cut. This will keep the cheesecake from dulling the knife on each cut.
- Make sure the cheesecake is completely cooled before cutting. If the mix is too warm, it will just kind of fall apart rather than stay firm after each cut.
- Cut slowly and carefully. But also, be confident. There's nothing like cutting into a slice, then second-guessing and messing it up. It'll be a mess.
Tips for Storing Cheesecake Pops:
- If I don't plan to serve them right away, I wait to put the popsicle sticks in myself cheesecake pops. That way the sticks don't get in the way of storing my delicious treats.
- Store them in the refrigerator for up to one week. To make sure they don't dry-out, use an airtight container.
- Freeze for up to three months. Again, take care to use an airtight container so that the pops won't dry out.
- Let your frozen pops thaw in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.
Looking for More No-Bake Desserts?
If you love the idea of a no-bake dessert so your kitchen doesn't heat up unnecessarily, join the club! We will be adding more delicious ideas here soon, but for now, check out these favorites that are often on our dessert menu. Make sure you bookmark the recipes or print them out so you will have them on hand when you need an easy treat!
- ½ cup (57g) cake mix
- 2 cups (158g) whipping topping
- 1 cup (225g) cream cheese
- ¾ cup (75g) confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon (24g to 36g) rainbow sprinkles + more for decor
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Cream these together with an electric mixer.
- Add the whipped heavy cream and mix well.
- Then add cake mix and mix until well combined.
- Stir in half of the rainbow sprinkles and fold them in. Do not over mix or the sprinkles will start to run and discolor everything.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined baking pan, spreading it into an even layer.
- Top with the other half of the rainbow sprinkles.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until completely firm.
- Cut into ½ inch squares and insert popsicle sticks, then serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Reynolds Kitchens Pop-Up Parchment Paper Sheets, 10.7x13.6 Inch, 30 Count
Measuring Cups and Spoons Set 11 Piece. Includes 10 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Cups Set and 1 Plastic Measuring Cup. Liquid Measuring Cups Set and Dry Metal Measuring Cup Set
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 17Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g